Practical information

Speciel needs

During the plenary talks there will be simultaneous captioning text. This will not be available at the smaller parallel sessions.

Plenary sessions room have induction loop. Portable induction loops are available for use in parallel session rooms but please sign up for one during your online registration process.

 Official language
The official working language at the congress is English and no translation is offered.

Letter of Invitation
The conference organisation will be pleased to send a formal letter of invitation to delegates requesting an invitation letter for visa purposes. It is understood that such an invitation is intended to help potential delegates to raise funds or to obtain a visa. This does not imply a commitment from the conference organisers to provide any financial support. For more information, please contact DIS Congress Service. 

The Organisers reserve the right to adjust or change the programme as necessary.

Liability and Insurance
Participants are requested to arrange for their personal travel and health insurance. Neither the Organisers (NNDR) nor the Conference Secretariat will assume any responsibility whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or property during the conference.

Emergency Services
Police – Ambulance – Fire Brigade   * Dial 112

Visa Regulations and Requirements
The vast majority of the European congress participants will not need a visa to visit Denmark. The Danish Immigration Service publish a regularly updated list of the countries for which Denmark requires a visa. Persons whose country of origin is not on the list may stay in Denmark for up to three months without contacting the Danish authorities.

Congress participants must apply for a visa in good time at Danish Diplomatic and Consular Posts in their countries of domicile. If you apply less than 14 days before departure, the Danish Immigration Service cannot guarantee that you will obtain your visa in time.

Where to find more information and help:

  • The Danish Immigration Service has a regularly updated list of countries whose citizens require visas to visit Denmark: (Click on English – Visa – Do I need a Visa?)
  • The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has a specific page where you can see where to send visa applications if Denmark does not have a diplomatic mission in the country concerned: (Click on English – Danish Visa Rules)

Currency and credit card

The currency in Denmark is Danish Kroner (DKK). One 1 € is equal to 6,4 DKK and 1 $ is 6,7 DKK. Larger shops in Copenhagen accept euros.

VISA is the most common credit card in Denmark, but you should have no problem finding ATMs/cash machines that will accept Mastercard and American Express. In Copenhagen, credit cards are widely accepted at restaurants, hotels and shops. However, it is always a good idea to ask anyway.

Tax refund (VAT)

When shopping in Denmark note that Danish prices include 25 percent Value Added Tax (VAT). This is refundable to you if you are a non-EU resident or if you are travelling to a non-EU country. VAT can be refunded at Copenhagen Airport upon presenting a completed VAT refund form. There are two refund companies at the airport which are Tax Free Worldwide and Global Blue Denmark. To achieve the VAT refund, the minimum purchase per shop must be 300 DKK. Tax-free shopping is however possible in several major shops and department stores in Copenhagen.

To top

Denmark operates on Greenwich Mean Time + 1 hour.

The climate in Copenhagen follows the four seasons of the northern hemisphere. However, the temperatures can vary considerably during the year. In general, January and February are the coldest months, and July and August the warmest. The average temperature in August is 20.3 °C (68.5 Farenheit) during the day and 12.6 °C (54.7 F) at night.

Voltages and Plugs
Electricity in Denmark is 220-volt current. Plugs are European standard with two pins.

Smoking Policy
In Denmark it is forbidden to smoke in all public building and private businesses such as restaurants, shops, public transport, most pubs, entertainment venues and workplaces. In some smaller pubs, smoking is allowed, but most places refers smokers to the street.